15 Bean Slow Cooker Chili is hearty and delicious, making it the perfect food to fuel the crowd on game day or a delicious easy weeknight meal! When serving a crowd, we put this chili on in the morning and then prepare a chili bar with toppings so our guests can help themselves!
I am so excited to have partnered with Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 BEAN SOUP® to bring you this belly warming recipe.
Slow Cooker Bean Chili
If there is a big game coming up, you can count on me to do one thing; make chili! Chili is the perfect dish to feed a crowd and keep them coming back for more!
This easy slow cooker chili recipe is packed with the wholesome goodness of a blend of 15 beans to make it hearty and healthy! The best part is that there is no soaking required meaning a quick prep time to get this into your Crock Pot and get on with your day! You can find Hurst’s 15 Bean Soup in the dry bean section of almost any grocery store (or you can order them online).
You don’t need a lot of ingredients to make a great chili, a few simple good quality ingredients definitely make the most delicious meals!
How to Make Chili in a Crock Pot
This easy slow cooker chili recipe starts with Hurst’s® HamBeens® 15 Bean Soup®, onions, bell pepper and lean ground beef. It’s all seasoned with a vegetable based seasoning packet (that comes with Hurst’s 15 Bean Soup) as well as chili seasoning and then simmered in the slow cooker until tender.
You’ll notice that the tomatoes are added towards the end of cooking, once the beans are softened. This step is important when using dry beans because tomatoes (along with any other acidic ingredients) can interfere with the rehydration process.
Fixings and Toppings
On game day, making a chili bar is a great way to add variety and make sure everyone can enjoy their chili to preference. I set my slow cooker to warm and offer toppings like sour cream, shredded cheese, sliced jalapenos, chopped onions, assorted crackers and tortilla chips and corn bread muffins.
Easy and Delicious
This chili is both inexpensive and easy to prepare while being totally delicious! For a family dinner, it’s great served over macaroni noodles (or rice) and of course, with a big slice of homemade cornbread on the side! Should you be lucky enough to have leftovers, this recipe reheats well and can even be frozen to enjoy on another day! (Cook once, eat twice.. count me in)!
More Chili Recipes
- The Best Chili Recipe – Simple and delicious!
- Creamy White Chicken Chili (CrockPot)
- Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chili
- Easy CrockPot Chili Recipe
15 Bean Slow Cooker Chili
15 Bean Slow Cooker Chili is hearty and delicious, making it the perfect food to fuel the crowd on game day or a delicious easy weeknight meal!
- 1 package HamBeens 15 BEAN SOUP® w/ Ham Flavor packet
- 1 lb . lean ground beef
- 1 onion (, diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (, diced)
- 1 can ((14.5 oz) diced tomato with green chiles)
- 1 can ((6 oz) tomato paste)
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 packet of your favorite chili seasoning mix ((approx. 1.5 oz))
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse beans and remove any debris.
- Brown beef over medium heat until no pink remains. Darin any fat.
- In a 6QT slow cooker, combine beans, beef, onion, peppers, and broth.
- Stir in Hurst’s ham flavor packet and 1/2 of the chili seasoning mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until beans are tender.
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato paste and remainder of chili seasoning mix.
- Cook for additional 30 minutes.
I am excited to have partnered with Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 BEAN SOUP® to bring you this belly warming recipe. While I was compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Working with great brands I love allows me to keep bringing you the great recipes you love!
Original source: https://www.spendwithpennies.com/15-bean-slow-cooker-chili/