Garlic parmesan wings are a yummy way to enjoy chicken wings (and the perfect alternative to our fave baked buffalo wings for those who don’t like spice). These are oven baked, which means less grease, less mess, and more yum! They can even be made in an air fryer, if you have one!
We love wing night around here from honey garlic wings to crock pot buffalo wings, wing night is a fun and easy dinner everyone loves. Don’t forget the blue cheese and ranch dressing!
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Wings
Once you see how easy it is to make baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken wings at home you’ll want to make them all of the time.
- Separate the flat part of the wing from the drummets, and snip the tips off.
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel. Don’t skip this step, or your wings won’t crisp up in the oven.
- Shake the wings in a plastic bag with flour and baking powder to coat.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake, turning once.
- When crispy, remove and toss with your prepared garlic parmesan cheese sauce.
- Turn the oven up to 475°F and bake the coated wings a few minutes more if desired.
You can make a slight variation to the recipe here, to keep your low-carb dieters happy. For keto garlic parmesan wings, just skip the flour and only toss the wings with baking powder. The ketogenic dieters will also love it if you serve garlic parmesan wings with a raw veggie plate of broccoli and cauliflower florets, and celery sticks.
More Appetizers to Dig Into
- The BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip (video) – The hit of every party!
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – So crispy and easy (will work well with this sauce recipe too)!
- Sticky Hot Chicken Wings Recipe – Spicy, sticky and yummy. Bring extra wet wipes!
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Rotel Dip – Crazy easy!
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
You only need a few Ingredients for garlic parmesan chicken wings, including butter, garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Here’s all you do to make the best garlic parmesan wing sauce:
- Melt the butter
- Finely grate the cheese
- Mix all the ingredients in the bottom of a large bowl.
To give your garlic parmesan wing sauce maximum flavor, buy a whole parmesan cheese wedge from the dairy aisle, and grate it just before making the garlic parmesan wing sauce using a fine grater. You’ll find that the pre-grated sprinkle cheeses that come in plastic jars don’t have the same cheesy intensity as a fresh block of cheese but still a good substitute for a quick parmesan wing sauce.
Pre-shredded parmesan cheese doesn’t work so well in this recipe.
Chicken wings are always a hit for a party, potluck or family gathering, and garlic parmesan wings are one of the tastiest ways to make this ever-popular snack!
Garlic Parmesan Wings
Garlic parmesan wings are delicious oven baked wings loaded with garlicky cheesy flavor!
- 3 lbs chicken wings split and tips removed ((36 split wings total))
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4-6 dashes hot sauce (Louisiana hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel. Toss with flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Line a pan with foil, place a piece of parchment paper on the foil. Place wings in a single layer on baking pan.
- Bake wings 20 minutes, flip and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients. Toss with wings until well coated.
Optional: Turn oven up to 475°F and bake wings an additional 10 minutes or until golden and crisp (broil if desired).
- Garnish with extra parmesan and parsley.
Original source: https://www.spendwithpennies.com/garlic-parmesan-wings/